Water lilies amazement can be introduced in many easy ways.
We bought one Nymphaea Alba and one pink Attraction water lily plants on 25th March 2010 (picture 1). Thereafter, we set them in the fresh water immediately.
One black plastic everlasting basket
One bag of BioBalance Pond Substrate (rinse before use)
One piece of Jute cloth
Some potting soil
Step by Step Set-up Procedure (picture 2-5)
1. Insert the cloth into the basket.
2. Set in 1/3 of the basket with BioBalance Pond Substrate.
3. Cover with soil.
4. Put in the plant.
5. Cover the roots with stones.
6. Land it on the bottom of the pond.
Backyard organic gardening with worry free flowering plants is the fastest way to receive joy.
White and Pink Water Lilies Performance
*Both lilies were blooming non-stop until end of August.
1. The white flower always started earlier than the pink one.
2. The pink one is very sensitive to the cold.
3. All new buds would be blended with the water for 6 to 7 days before opening.
4. If the weather is not dry; blooming flowers after opening for one day; they usually would be weak on the next day. And soon they will be forced to go under water.
5. There are sticky transparent gel wrapped around plenty of small little half bean-like seeds in each sinked flower (picture 33).
*On 15-9-2010 (about 20°C) trimmed off all the unwanted; and set them into our third clean garden pond to relax.
*In the following year both plants started progressing on 3 May (picture 29 to 31); and ended in early September (picture 34).
*They were transferred to the 5th pond at the South edge of the garden on 9 October (picture 35).
You will notice although there were many pests on the blossoms; and plentiful of insects eggs were laid on the leaves (picture 32&33); they were simply ignored by the plants.
*From the year 2012 to 2014 both plants were expanded and better and better harmonizing flower arrangements were demonstrated (picture 36-43).
*In 2015 was the year of leaves (picture 44).