How to grow tomatoes seeds into young plants indoor project can create a little challenge for the young students.
Planting tomatoes can be done in many successful methods. As long as the nature permitted with sufficient humidity and warmth; they can grow almost everywhere with great harvest.
If you wish to make full use of your time in the cold season; you may grow all young organic fruit or vegetables plants indoor; to gain more experience; as well as improving your gardening skill.
Duration: From 27th January to 8th March 2012
Steps to Succeed:
* After several time of water changing, you would realised 4 seeds were sprouted on the day four (above picture 4). And all the young plants could survived and grew happily even in a very small environment.
* Eight seeds were sprouted on 1-2-2012 (picture 5) and eleven was sprouted on the day 6 (picture 6).
* Transfer the healthy plants into the egg shells and support them with a few natural stones on 10-2-2012 (picture 16).
Once the plants are shifted to the egg shells; they need a damp place. And you can just give a few drops of water to each plant, minimum twice daily.
When you grow tomatoes in soil; stakes are often been used. However; you would discovered that, they need only a little secured feelings when they are grown in water. So, natural stones or glass puddles could provide sufficient support to these sweet tomato baby plants.
* Two plants were strong on 16-2-2012 (picture 17).
* On 20-2-2012 transferred them to a shallow tray (picture 18&19).
* On 25-2-2012 transferred them to the coconut hull (picture 20) and support each with a stone (picture 21).
* On 8-3-2012 (day 41) plant one came with 2 normal and 2 small sized leaves (picture 22); and they were ready to be transplant again.
The plants were transferred to the pot of soil (picture 23) in the green house for further growth. And you may cover the pot for cold protection (picture 24).