Growing Sprouts from Winter Wheats
Growing Sprouts from organic wheat seeds is just like growing bean sprouts. It is supper easy!
* Some organic sprout seeds
* One non-transparent container
* One non-transparent cover
Growing Sprouts in Summer
Step by step instructions:
1. On the first day (top picture), prepare a numbers of wheat grass seeds in a small container.
2. Rinse them to remove the dust. Thereafter, add clean water and let it stand for 5 minutes; remove the floated seeds; add new water to cover the seeds and put an non-transparent cover over the container; let it stand indoor for one night.
3. The next day and the days after, rinse and drain the wheat grass seeds with clean cold water a few times a day until the wheat seeds are sprouted.
Make Sure you change the water everyday; as if the water is sour; they will be sting and spoilt.
4. When the sprouts have reached 2 mm long, you may rinse them and
cover them full with clean water or filtered water and set them aside at
a cool place for one night.
5. The next day, the water
would become fermented water; it should smell sweet, tasted sweet and
If you wish; you can drink plain for a help on your healthy
food digestion; or treat it as a natural yeast for your breads and cakes
you choose not to use the fermented water, you may pour the water into
your soil as fertiliser; and continue your sprouts growing for one more
day and add them to your cereals, soups, porridge or rice cooking.
After the wheat seeds sprouted (picture above); you may continue your wheat grass project; if you wish to smell the grass; and taste the wheat grass juice or grow them further into wheat berries.
Besides wheat sprouts, there are more types of seeds and grain sprouts. The buckwheat sprouts; millet sprouts; sesame seeds sprouts are delicious too.
Home Vegetable Garden and More
Back to Organic Garden Home from Growing Sprouts
Move To Top